Boghound's World News

A Humorous Look At News Events And Life Around The World

Pass The Whisky..Not The Milk!!

Posted by Boghound on October 24, 2012


Toddler served tot of whisky

A two-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital after accidentally being served whisky at a Frankie & Benny’s restaurant.

Sonny Rees was given a glass of 40% proof whisky rather than fruit juice during a meal to celebrate his second birthday.

His mother Nina only realised the mistake after the toddler had nearly finished the drink.

Sonny had to be taken to hospital in Swansea where he was kept under observation by doctors.

Ms Rees says she ordered Sonny a lime juice and water and encouraged him to drink it all.

It wasn’t until the youngster had finished most of the drink that she noticed he was pulling a face as he drank.

When she herself took a sip she was shocked to discover it was actually whisky and water.

She complained to the manager who reportedly didn’t believe her until she took a sip herself.

After calling NHS Direct, Ms Rees took Charlie to hospital where his vital signs were monitored before he was allowed home.

Frankie & Benny’s has now launched an investigation into how the mix up took place.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: