Boghound's World News

A Humorous Look At News Events And Life Around The World

Knock Down?

Posted by Boghound on January 16, 2011


A Pittsburgh man said his house was demolished by mistake when a city contractor took it down along with a neighbouring home.

Andre Hall said the house, which the city agreed not to demolish for six months when he bought it in November, had been demolished with a backhoe when he arrived to work on the property Monday, WPIX-TV, Pittsburgh, reported Friday.

“I leave for the holidays, come back and see a backhoe sitting on my house,” Hall said. “This is not the way I thought I would start off my new year.”

The Pittsburgh Bureau of Building Inspection said the contractors were told to demolish a neighbouring home and instead took down both houses.

Hall said he has a copy of the letter sent by city officials to contractors PJ Deller. He said the document bears the message “Do not demolish” in large, bold letters.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: